The Acts of the Emissaries, Chapter 3

   {3:1} Peter and Yochanan were going up into the temple at the hour
 of prayer, [1>]the ninth hour[<1]. {3:2} A certain man who was lame
 from his mother's womb was being carried, whom they laid daily at the
 door of the temple which is called [2>]Yafeh[<2], to ask gifts for the
 needy of those who entered into the temple. {3:3} Seeing Peter and
 Yochanan about to go into the temple, he asked to receive gifts for
 the needy. {3:4} Peter, fastening his eyes on him, with Yochanan,
 said, "Look at us." {3:5} He listened to them, expecting to receive
 something from them. {3:6} But Peter said, "Silver and gold have I
 none, but what I have, that I give you. In the name of Yeshua the
 Messiah of Nazareth, get up and walk!" {3:7} He took him by the right
 hand, and raised him up. Immediately his feet and his ankle bones
 received strength. {3:8} Leaping up, he stood, and began to walk. He
 entered with them into the temple, walking, leaping, and praising God.
 {3:9} All the people saw him walking and praising God. {3:10} They
 recognized him, that it was he who used to sit begging for gifts for
 the needy at the Yafeh Gate of the temple. They were filled with
 wonder and amazement at what had happened to him. {3:11} As the lame
 man who was healed held on to Peter and Yochanan, all the people ran
 together to them in the porch that is called Solomon's, greatly
 wondering.

   {3:12} When Peter saw it, he responded to the people, "You men of
 Israel, why do you marvel at this man? Why do you fasten your eyes on
 us, as though by our own power or godliness we had made him walk?
 {3:13} The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers,
 has glorified his Servant Yeshua, whom you delivered up, and denied in
 the presence of Pilate, when he had determined to release him. {3:14}
 But you denied the Holy and Righteous One, and asked for a murderer to
 be granted to you, {3:15} and killed the Prince of life, whom God
 raised from the dead, to which we are witnesses. {3:16} By faith in
 his name, his name has made this man strong, whom you see and know.
 Yes, the faith which is through him has given him this perfect
 soundness in the presence of you all.

   {3:17} "Now, [3>]brothers[<3], I know that you did this in
 ignorance, as did also your rulers. {3:18} But the things which God
 announced by the mouth of all his prophets, that Messiah should
 suffer, he thus fulfilled.

   {3:19} "Repent therefore, and turn again, that your sins may be
 blotted out, so that there may come times of refreshing from the
 presence of the Lord, {3:20} and that he may send Messiah Yeshua, who
 was ordained for you before, {3:21} whom heaven must receive until the
 times of restoration of all things, which God spoke long ago by the
 mouth of his holy prophets. {3:22} For Moses indeed said to the
 fathers, 'The Lord God will raise up a prophet for you from among your
 brothers, like me. You shall listen to him in all things whatever he
 says to you. {3:23} It will be, that every soul that will not listen
 to that prophet will be utterly destroyed from among the people.'[4]
 {3:24} Yes, and all the prophets from Samuel and those who followed
 after, as many as have spoken, they also told of these days. {3:25}
 You are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God
 made with our fathers, saying to Abraham, 'In your seed will all the
 families of the earth be blessed.'[5] {3:26} God, having raised up his
 servant, Yeshua, sent him to you first, to bless you, in turning away
 everyone of you from your wickedness."

Footnotes:
[1] {3:1} 3:00 PM

[2] {3:2} Beautiful

[3] {3:17} The word for "brothers" here may be also correctly
translated "brothers and sisters" or "siblings."

[4] {3:23} Deuteronomy 18:15,18-19

[5] {3:25} Genesis 22:18; 26:4

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.