The Psalms, starting at chapter 94

Psalm 94

 {94:1} LORD, you God to whom vengeance belongs,
   you God to whom vengeance belongs, shine forth.
 {94:2} Rise up, you judge of the earth.
   Pay back the proud what they deserve.
 {94:3} LORD, how long will the wicked,
   how long will the wicked triumph?
 {94:4} They pour out arrogant words.
   All the evildoers boast.
 {94:5} They break your people in pieces, LORD,
   and afflict your heritage.
 {94:6} They kill the widow and the alien,
   and murder the fatherless.
 {94:7} They say, "The LORD will not see,
   neither will Jacob's God consider."
 {94:8} Consider, you senseless among the people;
   you fools, when will you be wise?
 {94:9} He who implanted the ear, won't he hear?
   He who formed the eye, won't he see?
 {94:10} He who disciplines the nations, won't he punish?
   He who teaches man knows.
 {94:11} The LORD knows the thoughts of man,
   that they are futile.
 {94:12} Blessed is the man whom you discipline, LORD,
   and teach out of your Torah;
 {94:13} that you may give him rest from the days of adversity,
   until the pit is dug for the wicked.
 {94:14} For the LORD won't reject his people,
   neither will he forsake his inheritance.
 {94:15} For judgment will return to righteousness.
   All the upright in heart shall follow it.
 {94:16} Who will rise up for me against the wicked?
   Who will stand up for me against the evildoers?
 {94:17} Unless the LORD had been my help,
   my soul would have soon lived in silence.
 {94:18} When I said, "My foot is slipping!"
   Your loving kindness, LORD, held me up.
 {94:19} In the multitude of my thoughts within me,
   your comforts delight my soul.
 {94:20} Shall the throne of wickedness have fellowship with you,
   which brings about mischief by statute?
 {94:21} They gather themselves together against the soul of the
        righteous,
   and condemn the innocent blood.
 {94:22} But the LORD has been my high tower,
   my God, the rock of my refuge.
 {94:23} He has brought on them their own iniquity,
   and will cut them off in their own wickedness.
   The LORD, our God, will cut them off.

Psalm 95

 {95:1} Oh come, let's sing to the LORD.
   Let's shout aloud to the rock of our salvation!
 {95:2} Let's come before his presence with thanksgiving.
   Let's extol him with songs!
 {95:3} For the LORD is a great God,
   a great King above all gods.
 {95:4} In his hand are the deep places of the earth.
   The heights of the mountains are also his.
 {95:5} The sea is his, and he made it.
   His hands formed the dry land.
 {95:6} Oh come, let's worship and bow down.
   Let's kneel before the LORD, our Maker,
 {95:7} for he is our God.
   We are the people of his pasture,
   and the sheep in his care.
 Today, oh that you would hear his voice!
   {95:8} Don't harden your heart, as at Meribah,
   as in the day of Massah in the wilderness,
 {95:9} when your fathers tempted me,
   tested me, and saw my work.
 {95:10} Forty long years I was grieved with that generation,
   and said, "It is a people that errs in their heart.
   They have not known my ways."
 {95:11} Therefore I swore in my wrath,
   "They won't enter into my rest."

Psalm 96

 {96:1} Sing to the LORD a new song!
   Sing to the LORD, all the earth.
 {96:2} Sing to the LORD!
   Bless his name!
   Proclaim his salvation from day to day!
 {96:3} Declare his glory among the nations,
   his marvelous works among all the peoples.
 {96:4} For great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised!
   He is to be feared above all gods.
 {96:5} For all the gods of the peoples are idols,
   but the LORD made the heavens.
 {96:6} Honor and majesty are before him.
   Strength and beauty are in his sanctuary.
 {96:7} Ascribe to the LORD, you families of nations,
   ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
 {96:8} Ascribe to the LORD the glory due to his name.
   Bring an offering, and come into his courts.
 {96:9} Worship the LORD in holy array.
   Tremble before him, all the earth.
 {96:10} Say among the nations, "The LORD reigns."
   The world is also established.
   It can't be moved.
   He will judge the peoples with equity.
 {96:11} Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice.
   Let the sea roar, and its fullness!
   {96:12} Let the field and all that is in it exult!
   Then all the trees of the woods shall sing for joy
   {96:13} before the LORD; for he comes,
   for he comes to judge the earth.
 He will judge the world with righteousness,
   the peoples with his truth.

The World English Bible: Messianic Edition is in the Public Domain.
This translation is also known as the Hebrew Names Version. "World
English Bible," "World English Bible: Messianic Edition," and "World
English Bible" are trademarks of Rainbow Missions, Inc., and may only
be used as names for the Bible translations so named and distributed by
Rainbow Missions, Inc., and faithful copies thereof. Typo reports are
welcome at http://eBible.org/cgi-bin/comment.cgi. Please see
http://HNVBible.org for updates.