So, I'm loving hobo.  Unfortunately, I'm having a helluva time getting
my head around DRYML, and the lack of documentation makes it slow
learning.  The project I'm working on needs to be production-ready
within the next month, and I'm afraid my inability to absorb DRYML is
slowing me down too much.

What I'd like to do, is keep using hobofields, and go back to normal
erb templates.  I can tell that DRYML will be about 3-5x faster to
write, once I get the hang of it -- but I can't afford the risk that I
*wont* get the hang of it quick enough.

I thought I read something once, that to do that, all I need to do is
start dropping .erb.html templates in the standard places, and it will
work like a charm.  Are there any other 'gotchas'?

I'm assuming stuff like creatable_by? won't work anymore; the
permissions stuff only works because the rapid libraries know about
it, is that correct?

So basically using hobofields is just going to get me the sexy
migrations.

Anything else I should know before embarking upon this unholy union?

Cheers,

sd
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to