Tiago,

I "discovered" how to make the "remove this record" (with the x icon)
appear in the cards.  I had to modify the proxyassignments(parallel to
project_memberships in agility) controller to:

  auto_actions :write_only
#  auto_actions :all, :except => :index

My background is Oracle (many many years) and then in the past 10
years I had to learn html and use it with Oracle's PLSQL for web
apps.  Rails is brand new to me and it seems that I have so much to
learn, along with the hobo "extensions".  With rails/hobo code, there
is so much in one line of code.  Very challenging but when you do
"discover" something, it satisfies.

Thanks again,
Edmund Vergel de Dios

On Sep 22, 9:07 am, GamaFranco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Edmund,
>
> The code that you are using in a-side is not a table, but rather a
> list of cards. The agility tutorial as a great example on that (Part 6
> – Project Ownership).
>
> I'm also a newbie in Hobo, but I have some experience in Rails. I have
> been used three sources of information:
>
> 1 - This forum
> 2 - IRC (#hobo @ freenode)
> 3 - Hobo's soruce code - search for the *.dryml file in the gem.
>
> Regards,
>   Tiago Franco
>
> On Sep 22, 1:32 pm, Edmund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks again, Tiago.
>
> > In reviewing my app, it turns out that I was using <collection:>
> > rather than table-plus.  This is for displaying data related to the
> > main data in the page (i.e. like project_memberships in agility).
> > What would really help me is to understand where I should go about
> > searching for possible tags that will fit my requirements.  Do I have
> > to search in hobo or rails?  If hobo, is this part of dryml or rapid?
> > I spend a lot of time searching but end up with nothing and that is
> > why I post these messages.
>
> > Below is the code where I want to allow deletion of a row:
>
> > <aside>
> >   <h2>Proxies</h2>
> >     <collection:proxyassignments part="lmdproxies">
> >       <card><heading:><editor:position/>&nbsp;<a:proxy/></heading:></
> > card>
> >     </collection>
> > </aside>
>
> > Edmund Vergel de Dios
>
> > On Sep 22, 4:48 am, GamaFranco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > <collection: replace>
> > >         <table-plus:games fields="this, maximum_memberships">
> > >                 <header: replace/>
> > >                <controls:>
> > >                    <delete-button image="icons/remove.png"
> > > update="self"/>
> > >                </controls:>
> > >               <empty-message:>
> > >                    No members match your criteria
> > >               </empty-message:>
> > >           </<table-plus:>
> > > </collection:>
>
> > > This is similar to what I've coded. I made a tag definition in
> > > application.dryml to "don't repeat myself", but for the sake of
> > > simplicity here is the table-plus tag.
>
> > > The <header: replace/> disables the search box. You can remove it
> > > because may not fit your case.
>
> > > The <controls> mentions that the delete button must have an image. If
> > > you replace that entire tag by <controls/>, you will get an edit link
> > > and a delete button.
>
> > > Hope it helps.
>
> > > TF
>
> > > On Sep 22, 3:08 am, Edmund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > > Tiago,
>
> > > > Which is the correct way to do it?  Can you please provide the syntax?
>
> > > > Thanks,
> > > > Edmund Vergel de Dios
>
> > > > On Sep 21, 5:03 pm, GamaFranco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > > > Hi,
>
> > > > > Thanks. This is the correct way to do it. The way I've told earlier
> > > > > messes the sorting header of the rows.
>
> > > > > Regards,
> > > > >   Tiago Franco
>
> > > > > On Sep 21, 12:29 am, kevinpfromnm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > > > > You could've also used the controls param which includes a delete
> > > > > > button (as well as an edit link) by default but doesn't show unless
> > > > > > it's defined.
>
> > > > > > On Sep 20, 4:35 pm, GamaFranco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > > > > > This was solved with:
>
> > > > > > > <table-plus:memberships fields="user, score" part="members">
> > > > > > >         <header: replace/>
> > > > > > >         <field-heading-row:>
> > > > > > >             <param-content/>
> > > > > > >             <th>
> > > > > > >             </th>
> > > > > > >         </field-heading-row:>
> > > > > > >         <tr:>
> > > > > > >             <param-content/>
> > > > > > >             <td>
> > > > > > >                 <delete-button update="self"/>
> > > > > > >             </td>
> > > > > > >         </tr:>
> > > > > > >         <empty-message:>
> > > > > > >             No members match your criteria
> > > > > > >         </empty-message:>
> > > > > > >         </table-plus>
>
> > > > > > > Thanks Solars.
>
> > > > > > > TF
>
> > > > > > > On Sep 19, 12:20 am, GamaFranco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > > > > > > Hi,
>
> > > > > > > > I have a table-plus that lists the project memberships, from the
> > > > > > > > agility tutorial.
>
> > > > > > > > Is there a way to add a column with a destroy icon that removes 
> > > > > > > > the
> > > > > > > > corresponding membership, when clicked?
>
> > > > > > > > Thanks,
> > > > > > > >   Tiago Franco
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to