An app that I have has listboxes in it which can get up to 100's of
lines deep.  Creating these lists using the standard DB functions
(rails or hobo I'm not sure where the guts of these things are) takes
way too long, and when I stress tested that app with just a handful of
simultaneous users it became unusable and ground to a halt. This on
two dedicated 8 core servers.

So as the rollout was days away, I scrambled to create caching.

What I did was cache the actual javascript of the generated listboxes.
An index on updated_at is used and that also becomes the key to store
with the cache to check and see if it needs updated.

Another thing I found out, on these pages Firefox loads these things
fifteen times faster than internet explorer. Unfortunately my
backwards thinking IT department actively uninstalls firefox if they
find it loaded on a workers machine. I'm sure they have justifications
for it, MS infrastructure and all, but I think its doodoo.



--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to