Thanks for the positive feedback and support :)

>> Thanks for the "powered by Hobo" link.
1 - We have to give something back :)

>> It would be nice if you could post how you got lifecycle to work on
>> the user model.
>> I then think of the e-mail activation and lost password stuff.
2 - It is in my TODO list. I'll probably be able to write the recipe
near the end of month.

>> Congratulations!  Looks great.  What hosting service are you now using?
3 - Dreamhost. I'll search for an alternative soon.

>> Alas, it actually links to http://cavortify.com/hobocentral.net   :)
4 - Oooops. Fixed! :)

>> I notice you don't mention anything about testing...
5 - I'm doing a lot of unit testing (models). I didn't analyse the
test coverage, but I would like to get my hand on some figures. What
tools are out there?

6 - I'm not testing controllers. I've tried to authenticate the user
in a test but failed on the first attempt. I did't go for a second
try, but I'm sure it wouldn't take more than half an hour to find the
solution. I'll do some functional testing in the next iteration.

7  - I'm not using an additional test framework. I would like to spend
some time analyzing shoulda though.

>>  (Table-plus) It's a really cool feature and will hopefully become a real 
>> selling point for Hobo.

8 - Yep! Table-plus was the decision factor that lead me to adopt
hobo. Unfortunately this feature has some problems in Cavortify and
was the reason of some headaches :|

Regards,
  Tiago Franco

On Feb 13, 7:58 am, Scott Bronson <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Tiago, Cavortify looks great.
>
> I notice you don't mention anything about testing...  Did you give
> this any thought?  Personally I'm using Shoulda in my app but my test
> coverage is probably around 0.002%...  need to spend some more time on
> this!
>
> I agree that table-plus can be tough to use.  There are some gotchas
> that aren't documented anywhere (like how to write the action for an
> index method, it's a little different than the show example cookbook),
> and I ran into the custom collection limitation too.  I want to free
> up the time to really dig into table-plus and understand it well
> enough to improve it but there's always been more pressing stuff to
> worry about.  It's a really cool feature and will hopefully become a
> real selling point for Hobo.
>
> Nice work,
>
>     - Scott
>
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Tiago Franco <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I'm happy to announce that the rework on Cavortify (http://
> > cavortify.com) was placed in production 5 minutes ago.
>
> > Comments are welcome :)
>
> > A few metrics:
> > - The full rework took 167 hours (from scratch!)
> > - The original estimate was 150
> > - 2 features were de-scoped (moved to an upcoming version)
> > - 16.5 hours spent updating hobo (e.g. changes in the permissions sub-
> > system, etc.)
> > - 17.2 hours spent developing a friendship system
> >   - Lifecycles are not working as expected. Issue with WEBrick?
> >   - The modeling of the friendship in hobo cookbook is hard to
> > implement. Symmetric associations are easy to manage if modeled with
> > two rows.
>
> > Main curiosity:
> > - 3 hours spent deploying on Heroku. 2 days after Heroku moves to
> > Heroku garden and I decided to use another hosting service!
>
> > Main issues:
> > - I found the behavior of some features in table-plus and the updates
> > of ajax views hard to manage.
> >     - Table plus can not sort custom collections.
> >     - In place edits can not refresh parts.
>
> > Overall feedback:
> > The final balance is quite positive, as the usability of the
> > application was enhanced with features out of the box.
>
> > PS: if Cavortify is slow, blame the hosting service. Need to find a
> > better one soon.
>
> > Hope this information is useful.
>
> > Regards,
> >  Tiago Franco
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to