Great. Well, thanks to you and to Jakob.

IMHO, Hobo is one of the most interesting and useful projects since
Rails itself. I wish I had more time to help snap some of the pieces
into place like the documentation efforts, etc.

It's been exceedingly helpful and has added lots of efficiency to my
work.

In the meantime, I have another question which I hope someone can
answer.

When using a Lifecycle to build something like this wizard, where is
the best place to put an HTTP directive after a given step?

In other words, I would like to declare where to send a user after
they have visited my :give_date step--in particular to go to
the :give_time_of_day step, at 
http://localhost:3000/deliveries/give_time_of_day.

Where is the best place to do this?

I would love to be able to put it in the do...end block at the end of
my transition declaration. But it seems like it might be more
appropriate in the controller.

Can anyone show me how such a directive would look in the do..end
block of the transition step? (I'm also a relative newbie to Rails, so
forgive me if this is obvious, but I don't know how to call a
controller action, essentially a redirect_to, from within a model. I
also don't know if it's inappropriate.)

SO, LOOKING FOR....

transition :give_date,
                   { :given_items => :given_date },
                   :update => [ :date ],
                   :available_to => :all do
                         <WHAT GOES HERE>
                   end

thanks again,
j

On Feb 17, 8:09 am, Brett Nelson <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I found the correct syntax in this wiki, created by another user
> > (thank you!):
>
> It was Jakob Suder who wrote that documentation after I had
> initially submitted a hacked up solution to Email Activation. Have
> made minor edits to it since then though, glad you got it to work!
>
> Brett
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to