Hi! Compliments for the great work! The docs are embarrassing lacking
in detail, yet Hobo is so powerful that it took me some 12 hours to
bring up a full system with only some 24 hours of previous RoR
practice (and even that was 2 years ago!).  I admit I rarely was so
pleasantly surprised.

Now to my problem: I'm extending a tag and I want to add two links.
The problem is that I want to pass some data to the page I'm calling
and I have no idea of how I should do it.

In my model I have a taxonomic tree of "Seeds", each of which can
either generate another subordinate seed or a "Translation". So, for
the record:

class Seed < ActiveRecord::Base

  hobo_model # Don't put anything above this

  belongs_to :language
  belongs_to :source
  belongs_to :author
  belongs_to :seed # This means we can have a sub-seed starting a new
chain for the same defined meaning

  has_many :seeds
  has_many :tag_seeds, :dependent => :destroy
  has_many :tags, :through => :tag_seeds, :accessible => true
  has_many :translations, :dependent => :destroy
....................

And

class Translation < ActiveRecord::Base

  hobo_model # Don't put anything above this

  belongs_to :language
  belongs_to :author
  belongs_to :seed
.............................

Now I'm trying to

<extend tag="show-page" for="Seed">
  <old-show-page merge >

    <body: class="show-page seed" param/>

    <content: param>
      <section-group param="content-body">
        <section param="main-content">
          <header param="content-header">
            <a:source param="parent-link">&laquo; <name/></a>
            <h2 param="heading"><name/></h2>

            <field-names-where-true fields="" param/>

            <a action="new" if="&can_edit?" to="&model" param="new-
link">New Subordinate Seed</a>
            <a action="edit" if="&can_edit?" param="edit-link">Edit
Seed</a>
          </header>
..................

the problem is that I'd want to pass the current seed's id to "new-
link", so that it can pre-fill the "seed" field (which defines the
taxonomical hierarchy.

Even more complicated... I'd need a "new-link" calling a Translation
page, and again pre-filling the "seed" field.

I imagine this must be easily doable, but I have no idea of how such
things are called in hobo's syntax, so all my googling did not help :
(

Thanks a lot and again my compliments!
Berto
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to