That is a very clever suggestion. I have been wasting way too much time
reloading pages today.

I figured the entire thing out and this is what I came up with:

  @prose = Submission.find(:all, :include => :comments, :conditions =>
["genre_id = ? AND (comments.owner_id != ? OR comments.submission_id IS
NULL)", 1, @user.object_id])

If there are any clever suggestions on how to improve them feel free to
share.

I think I was getting it before but forgot that I would need an or statement
to check for null.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 2:13 AM, Bryan Larsen <[email protected]>wrote:

>
> christian wrote:
> > I combined the two using this;
> >
> > @prose = Submission.find(:all, :include => [:comments, :genre],
> > :conditions => ["genres.name <http://genres.name> = ? and
> > comments.owner_id != ?", "Prose", "@user.comments"])
>
> are you looking for comments.owner_id !=?", "Prose", @user.id)
>
> The easiest way to figure stuff like this is to use script/console
> rather than constantly reloading web pages, IMO.
>
> Bryan
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to