I have a "contact" model that stores the title, first name, middle
name, last name, and suffix of each contact in separate fields. This
is done for sorting contacts by any of those values as well as
statistics (male vs female, etc).

I would like to have a controller action that combines these five
fields into a meta-field called "name" that could then be used just
like any other field in my "contacts" model, i.e. in table-plus, the
view page of each contact, or wherever I see the need.

This is probably quite easy to do, but as I'm still learning ruby and
rails, I was hoping someone here could help me out.

thanks,
--jeremy

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en.

Reply via email to