On Aug 17, 2011, at 2:51 AM, Ben SV wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> Firstly I'm new to Ruby, Rails & Hobo so please forgive me if this is
> a trivial question.
> 
> I'm using paperclip to attach files and I would like to set the upload
> URL to reflect variables within the model, shown below:
> 
> class Gmeeting < ActiveRecord::Base
> 
>  hobo_model # Don't put anything above this
> 
>  fields do
>    title    :string, :required
>    speaker  :string, :required
>    talkdate :date, :required
>    abstract :text
>    timestamps
>  end
> 
>  has_attached_file :presentation, :path => ":rails_root/public/group-
> meetings/SPEAKER/DATE/:basename.:extension"
> end
> 
> In the path variable can I make SPEAKER equal the speaker field and
> DATE equal the talkdate field?

You should be able to set up interpolations to do this:

https://github.com/thoughtbot/paperclip/wiki/Interpolations

--Matt Jones

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en.

Reply via email to