We currently use excel to store data that is used by scripts to run
automated tests for our software. Our project scope is expanding, and
the excel sheets are no longer adequate to meet our needs (multiple
people needing to enter test data) so I threw together a simple proof
of concept and my boss really liked it. In fact, I'm now working on
setting this thing up to go live as soon as I can get it into a semi-
working state.

My current issue is that I have a "patient" model that needs to have
certain data associated with it. I need a specific number of fields
for say "Physicians" (I need exactly 5 physicians), in each patient
record. I know I can do a has_many relationship, but that's not really
adequate because each of the "physicians" have to be a specific "type"
of physician. However, all these physicians (though assigned different
types) will come from the same pool of names. In fact, it is possible
that the testers may want one physician to serve as all "types".

Is there a way to set this up in my hobo based app? Seems like I
should create a model for the physicians to hold the names, and then
let the user pick for each of those, but I don't know if there's a way
to tie a "field" to the physician model. I know I could set it up to
just use enum_string entries, but if they want me to add more
physicians later, that would be a pain updating 5 lists, not to
mention these names will be used in the same way in other models later
on when I expand this tool.

Any ideas? Can I put the 5 fields in the fields do section and then
specify the model for the type (e.g. :physician instead of :string)?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Joey

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hobo 
Users" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/hobousers?hl=en.

Reply via email to