Hi Cris,

>I was speaking from a software engineering and usability
>point of view.

Okay, just to fix our minds: would you consider Knuth's/
Lamport's latex to be "usable" in this sense?  Because I
would strongly claim that it is.  It's one of the most
usable systems I know.

That's why I think that Mark's focus on things like error
messages and concrete syntax is missing the point.  Latex is
pretty horrible in that respect, but _that doesn't matter._

Freek