> Il giorno 25 ott 2017, alle ore 21:37, Mario Castelán Castro
> <marioxcc...@yandex.com> ha scritto:
>
> On 25/10/17 14:29, Chun Tian wrote:
>> HOL doesn’t rebuild everything when you re-run “bin/build”: it only rebuilds
>> changed theories and all dependencies. Sometimes you need to re-run “poly <
>> tools/smart-configure.sml” and rebuild everything, other times you need to
>> clean everything “bin/build cleanAll” to fix the building process.
>
> How do I know if I have to re-run “smart-configure.sml”? Also, is there
> some way I can run build jobs in parallel?

When that happens, the “bin/build” command will tell you to re-run
smart-configure;    To build in parallel, you can use “bin/build -j 4” (or -j
8).

> In my experience when making changes, it rebuilt nearly everything and
> took approximately the same time as compilation from scratch. Probably
> that was because I modified the theory “res_quan” which has many
> descendants.

Yes, that’s only because you were touching “res_quan” which is a very early
theory.  But when I was touching “probability”, I only need to rebuild that
single theory, because there’s no dependencies at all!

—Chun