trimming the cc: list a bit
On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 4:01 PM, JP Vasseur <j...@cisco.com> wrote:
<snip>

> I spent enough years on OSPF and ISIS to agree with you that these protocols
> are well proven, widely deployed with the number of
> recent improvements (MTR, fast convergence, …) to name a few are particularly
> appealing. But before choosing a routing protocol
> the first step consists of listing the requirements. In LLN, as you rightly
> pointed out, "smart objects" have a set of constraints in terms
> of resources … far from where we are on traditional routers … Thus I would
> strongly encourage to list the set of requirements for this
> type of devices before making any sort of selection on the routing protocol
> of choice, taking into account where we will be in a few years
> when the number of these objects will not be limited to a few dozens, the
> LSDB *will* grow …

As I see it, we are trying to limit our options of routing protocols
down to a few that can/should/might be implemented in HOMENET devices.

Again, as I see it, there are two ways to get there, no idea which are
the best, probably both

1.) (you suggested) create a list over requirements
2.) (Fred working on) create a list over all possible (and not
possible) routing protocols

why don't you start listing some suggestions for requirements while
Fred create his list? I'm quite sure we'll end up with one good
documented list:-)

(I don't know enough of possible requirements yet to list any...)

--

Roger Jorgensen           |
rog...@gmail.com          | - IPv6 is The Key!