Maybe I am missing something basic, but there seems to be a bit of a disconnect on our assumption about what we need to have in in-home rotuers.

On the one hand, earlier discussion emphasized that we need to use protocols and implementations that are well tested, robust, and simple to use. On the other hand, we have an expectation that these same boxes are going to perform source address based forwarding selection, something with which there is very little experience anywhere?

Yours,
Joel

On 11/14/2011 7:41 PM, Michael Richardson wrote:

"Guillaume" == Guillaume Habault<guillaume.haba...@gmail.com>  writes:
     Guillaume>  the host select the appropriate address, the routing
     Guillaume>  protocol may route the
     Guillaume>  message to the wrong Customer Edge Router (especially if
     Guillaume>  we are in the case
     Guillaume>  where there is more than one Customer Edge Router in the
     Guillaume>  home network.

We have assumed that the home gateways will cooperate and provide source
address routing, making sure that packets are routed out the link which
can accept that source address.

     Guillaume>  However, it could work if Customer Edge Router can talk to
each other)...
     Guillaume>  And in the section 3.4, it is mentionned that :

     Guillaume>  To Support multihoming within a homenet, a routing protocol
that
     Guillaume>  can make routing decisions based on source and destination
     Guillaume>  addresses is desirable, to avoid upstream ISP ingress filtering
     Guillaume>  problems.

     Guillaume>  Do you plan to use both solution? or does it depend on
     Guillaume>  the topology? Or
     Guillaume>  does the aim is to be generic and let implementer decide
     Guillaume>  about the solution
     Guillaume>  to use ?

You need both pieces.
(Please consider a quoting mechanism that is more robust)