On Nov 16, 2011, at 9:00 AM, Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpen...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> What will happen if a user hangs an existing v4-only box bought in the
> supermarket
> off a new homenet-conforming box? I'm not saying we have to guarantee that
> it works, but at least we need to understand the possible breakages (IMHO).

Sure.   In point of fact, it will work just as well as if they did the same
thing with a non-homenet-conforming box, and possibly better.   In some cases
that means it will work; in some cases it means it will not.   IOW, homenet
won't make things worse.   So it's hard to accept the notion that, in the event
that IPv4 breaks in this case, IPv6 ought to break as well.   Of course, since
this is a non-homenet router, possibly it doesn't support IPv6 anyway.