Subject: Re: [homenet] Creating a security association via physical link +
button
From: Ted Lemon <mel...@fugue.com>
To: Russ White <ru...@riw.us>
CC: homenet@ietf.org,Lorenzo Colitti <lore...@google.com>

On Nov 22, 2011, at 7:42 AM, Russ White wrote:
This is, generally speaking, how current home routers work... And, I
think, it might be the only way to make a homenet work. The primary key
beyond this is a device being able to figure out "I'm an edge to the
outside world."

Yeah, I don't think either device decides that it is the homenet; rather, they
are regularly dynamically discovering topology, and deciding what to do based
on whether they are connected to an edge.   Possibly both devices are connected
to an edge, and cooperate to do multihoming.