On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 23:54, Ted Lemon <mel...@fugue.com> wrote:

> Yeah, I don't think either device decides that it is the homenet; rather,
> they are regularly dynamically discovering topology, and deciding what to
> do based on whether they are connected to an edge.   Possibly both devices
> are connected to an edge, and cooperate to do multihoming.

Let me rephrase my original question. You connect two routers and press the
button on both. What happens, and who gets the config from whom?

If one is a member of a homenet and an ISP connection already, and one has
a blank config, then you might assume that  the one with the blank config
should join the existing homenet. What if they both have a config on them?
What if you're actually merging two separate networks?