Op 7 nov. 2012, om 16:39 heeft Dan York het volgende geschreven:

> Teco,
>
> I am participating in IETF 85 remotely and Lee Howard went to the mic in
> today's session to relay this question (thanks, Lee!).  However, I did not
> hear any answer. My question is:
> ----
> Has any security analysis been done on the approach suggested in
> draft-boot-homenet-brdp?
Not in detail.
BRDP runs on ND RA, and inherits much of it. That said, BRIO is dissemination
is multi-hop. This has impact.

>  Is any security analysis planned?  I see the Security Considerations section
> of the draft is "TBD" but on a brief read of the draft I worry an attacker
> could misuse it.
There are mechanisms protecting roque RAs. Or have security at sub-IP.

> ----
>
> For instance, an immediate question in my mind was whether an attacker could
> somehow inject an advertisement with the "D" flag off and causing internal
> routers to believe that the Border Router is NOT acting as a DHCP server?
> Could an attacker inject modified BRIOs to, for instance, modify the cost of
> routes?
Yes, thinks can happen. I do not see much difference with other attacks on RA.

> Are these valid concerns?  Or are they protected against by other mechanisms?
> I don't know.
>
> For someone new to reading this draft, it would be helpful to have some
> commentary in "Security Considerations" about how secure this proposal is.
Agreed. As said, cleanup is needed. A next version will have the Security
Considerations.  Hopefully the -01.

Teco