>> how do you want it to work?
>>
>> the tools we have currently are:
>> - ICMP redirect
>> - ICMP type 1, code 5
>> - DHCP option for SAS/DAS policy
>> - RFC6724 rule 5.5
>> - RFC4191
>>
>> what is missing?
>
> In my mind, I was looking at a new mechanism that the ISP routers used to
> tell each other what prefix they were advertising and handing out.

the kind of do with
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-arkko-homenet-prefix-assignment-03

but you can't a) expect the ISP routers to be able to discover each other
(might not be on the same link), b) operated by the same entity.

> I couldn't find specifics on "DHCP option for SAS/DAS policy", so I don't
> know what that means exactly. Could you give a pointer? If I read
> <https://github.com/otroan/IETF-CPE-router/wiki> my guess is that it is more
> for the homenet router when they get DHCPv6-PD, but I might be mistaken?

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6man-addr-select-opt/
this is more for multi-homing to non-congruent networks.

> But relying on RFC6724 rule 5.5 for all hosts seems unfeasable. I'd rather
> solve getting the correct traffic to the correct ISP router on the ISP router
> level, not in the hosts. So no ICMP redirects, just source based routing
> between the ISP routers.

we're not, the RFC6724 rule only applies when a host is connected to two
routers with different upstream connectivity.
inside the home, i.e the host is behind two internal home routers, SADR is used
to get to the correct border.

the only thing we're asking for here is that the hosts also do a simplified
form for SADR when directly connected to multiple border routers.

cheers,
Ole