> Ole Troan <mailto:otr...@employees.org>
> 20 February 2013 14:58
> Ray,
>
> thinking out loud.
>
> the border router includes in the advertisement of the aggregate prefix:
> - it's own global IPv6 address
> - list of external routes
>
> each internal router:
> - installs (S,D) routes for all of the external routes with the
> border's global as next-hop.
>
> normal unicast routing is used to get to the border.
>
> yep, that should work too. and be completely independent of routing
> protocol.
Agreed.
> but at the cost of being dependent on the prefix assignment mechanism.
True. Which anyway has still to be solved for Homenet.
> leaving the question open I suppose, does SADR have a wider
> applicability outside of the home network...

Almost certainly, if you believe in stateful firewalls, and multiple
alternate paths, but do not want to deploy either NAT66 or rfc6296
Network Prefix Translation (to guarantee a symmetric return path).

You could consider an approach like the CIDR RFC, split into 3 topics:
1) Semantics of making a forwarding decision given a SADR table
2) Considerations for (routing) protocols that maintain the SADR table
3) Homenet specific solution (potentially tied to prefix autoconfiguration)