    Michael> Mark, I am still confused as to whether there is anything
    Michael> new/unimplemented here too. If my CER, say, is the master,

probably not, but not every piece of code out there supports the
particular characteristic.  I've seen lots of web-based DNS interfaces
that did not let you enter arbitrary NS records, lest you make a
mistake.

So, homenet wants a particular configuration, and we need to write it
down.  We also need to provide for signaling from the ISP as to what
they expect.

I think that there are four situations, and ideally, I'd like eliminate
at least two:

1) home user has no FQDN, and ISP provides none.
   There is no forward zone, and there are no "remote" updates.
   It doesn't matter where the listed dns server is.
   The home user can turn off CER as they like.

2) HOME user has own FQDN and uses it.
   I think that the ISP may offer secondary service for the zone,
   or not, it would be nice to signal this in DHCPv6 somehow, but
   if we fail, that's okay.
   Listed server likely should be CER, but generally user might be
   sophisticated and override it.
   (note that this also might apply to marksandrews-home.isc.org,
   or dawsonavenue.sandelman.ca zones, where the (virtual) corporation
   has decided to extend their zone into the SOHO, so it might not be
   just ultra-geeks.
   Home user can not turn off CER if they want roaming updates.

3) ISP provides blah-blah-blah.isp.example.net for home user,
   and user has no travel cares.
   I think that in this situation the CER should be a stealth
   primary.  The ISP's DNS servers shoud be listed.
   Home user can turn off CER, because they have no cares
   about forward names.
   I put the authoritative server at CER because it makes it
   easier and I think more reliable, to update names.

4) ISP provides premium-premium-premium.isp.example.net for
   home user, and user has travel desires.
   In this case, it might make sense for the authoritative
   server to be at the ISP, and for the CER to update it
   only using DNS-updates.
   Home user can turn off CER.

--
Michael Richardson