Thank you for all of the discussion on this important topic.

Without declaring consensus on how far we should go scope-wise in terms of overall homenet security just yet, I'd like to know if, in terms of HNCP itself from a bits-on-the-wire protocol perspective, can we adopt this proposal proposal from Mikael? If yes, please say so. If no, please say why not (and even better if you can propose text that would alleviate your concern).

ACK. It's similar to my own proposal regarding bits-on-the-wire anyway.

Maybe adding that we should try to use an existing and well-tested mechanism unless there is a very good reason not to.