Why are we arguing about this?

You need to be able to *set* the ULA prefix to something that is
externally generated.  This needs to remembered across reboots,
power cycles etc.

There is no point in having a stable algorithm to generate a ULA
prefix.  As far as I can see the only purpose is to avoid having
any non-volatile memory in the box and I don't see that as a realistic
box.

You will also need non-volatile memory for internal prefix delegation
etc.  You you do want the same prefix to be handed to the same
internal router regardless of the request order.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: ma...@isc.org