Hi,

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 06:17:28PM +0200, Philip Homburg wrote:
> But then when I tell other people, they can't do it. Because on a consumer
> lines
> it is just too complicated.

Isn't the main thing that "other people are just plain not interested in
doing so in the first place"...?

Please understand that there are way more non-geeks out there that have
no interest in computers except "use them" than there are geeks who care
about IP addressing.  *Our* job is to make it work for *them*, without
forcing our world view on them ("they need to be able to put a static
IP address in DNS!" - no, my mom doesn't need to do that)

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster

Tel: +49 (0)89/32356-444           USt-IdNr.: DE813185279