On Oct 16, 2014, at 11:39 AM, STARK, BARBARA H <bs7...@att.com> wrote:
> I think support for receiving more specific routes in RA messages (RFC 4191)
> would be easier to get hosts to implement than DHCPv6.

This wouldn't help, because there's nothing to differentiate the GUA from the
ULA.

> In any case, I think there needs to be a solution that *always* works in
> homenet hosts.

As I mentioned earlier, the downside to not doing this is that if a site gets
flash-renumbered, connections on the local network that might not have broken
if a ULA were used will break.   This is a fairly mild problem.   Additionally,
we talked about advertising ULAs in DNS on the local network, and GUAs
externally, so even devices that don't do DHCPv6 would benefit from this.