Tim Chown <t...@ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
    > Homenet has ‘designed in’ future multihoming, which is rare today. In
    > the homenet case the multihoming may presumably be more commonly for
    > different services to the home?

It's true that real multihoming (in the home...) is rare.

There are a multitude of off-the-shelf SOHO routers which support multiple
uplinks via NAPT.  I have setup this kind of thing up for a few dozen
friends' companies over the years... usually via a cablemodel + DSL (from
different suppliers) because we are protecting from a combination of
backhaul events and "customer service".

All of the downtime I've seen in the past ten years in my home office has
been due to "initiatives" from "customer service".

So I am very happy with the features that we have built-in, and I think with
the growth of 3G we will see additional mechanisms.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-