>I would personally rather drop prefix management. At least, the current
>proposed solution is DHCPv6 PD plus lot of marketing plus one extra thing
>(role) minus tons of existing functionality. I would rather stick the role
>into PD,
>than reinvent the protocol.

DHCPv6 PD has only solve the prefix request and assign process based on the
preconditions:

a) the requesting router knows the prefix length it should request;
b) the requesting router knows what device to send the request;
c) The requested device have enough resource for the request.

However, human configuration or human intervention are needed to meet these
preconditions. The current proposed solution focuses on to autonomic processes
to solve these preconditions.

Best regards,

Sheng