I am not convinced by this; one of the issues I see here is that until DNSSD
comes up with a solution, we are breaking service discovery on the home network
by doing this.   Granted, we already do that from Wifi to wired, but this seems
gratuitous.
There is draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid-00 for which we have specified glued to HNCP and a reference implementation. I think DNSSD is actually mostly covered or are you referring to any specific issue of that solution?

UPNP (SSDP) is a different beast though and would probably depend on having proper multicast routing.
This is from memory but I guess Markus could elaborate here.