Le 03/03/2015 19:41, Michael Richardson a écrit :

Ole Troan <otr...@employees.org> wrote:
I was planning on using ISC DHCP 4.3.1 together with an external
script as described in https://github.com/mpalmer/isc-dhcp
contrib, to detect the next hop address of my homenet router and
install the relevant route for the delegated prefix on the
last-hop ISP router (a Linux box).

typically the ISP router snoops DHCPv6 messages and does route
injection based on that, or the DHCPv6 server runs on the ISP
router and does route injection based on binding state.

The IPv6 support in ServPOET's PPPoE BMS (which I wrote last year)
runs a DHCPv6 daemon on the router itself, and simply adds a route
via the PPP link when the DHCPv6-PD occurs.

If you had to do this, and if other implementations dont and break, it's
 because something has to be specified about DHCP-PD Router and Relay.
A spec must tell implementor to do it, otherwise it wont work and break.

(we wrote earlier a draft about this DHCP-PD problem that we'll be glad
to resurrect, or we'll be glad to read other drafts on same topic)

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-petrescu-relay-route-pd-problem-00

Alex

The selection of prefix comes from radius during the PPP
negotiation/authentication, and is passed "laterally" from the PPP
process to the DHCPv6 process (which is called rfc6204d, because 7208
wasn't quite out at the time).

The amount of DHCPv6 processing required for a PPP link is remarkably
small, and I worry that I may have done too little.  Of the three
CPEs that I've tested with, one is OpenWRT BB (thanks to Stephen and
Markus and the rest of the crew) and worked great, a second locked up
tight when given an IPv6 PD, a third proclaimed "IPv6 suport" on the
box, but had nothing inside.  I have two more devices to test with:
one of which requires translation from chinese, and the fifth I got
last week, and I haven't powered on yet. (Thanks Hui!)

I've been talking on and off with Tim Winters of the UNH interop lab,
and at this point it seems that they just aren't equipped with IPv6
capable CPEs that do PPP such that visiting there makes sense.  There
are some there that do cable/ethernet-WAN, but not PPPoE WAN.

(also m...@finepoint.com two days/week)