I've had two surprises trying to interoperate with hnetd.

1. nncp-06 Section 10 says that the Version is 0. hnetd sends and expects a version field of 1.

2. The same section says the following about versioning:

   Each node [...] MUST ignore (except for DNCP synchronization purposes)
   any TLVs with a type greater than 32 published by nodes not also
   publishing an HNCP-Version TLV or publishing such a TLV with
   a different Version number.

However, this is not what hnetd does -- if there is no Version TLV or the Version is 0, it drops the node, which causes persistent desynchronisation of DNCP state, which causes repeated Trickle timer resets, which sucks.

(By the way, if you've read up to here, you're invited to help me choose the name of the second implementation of HNCP. homenetd? homed? hncpd? uhncpd? markus-s-folly-d?)

-- Juliusz