Hmm... the multicast to unicast conversion described in there looks fairly
weak. It doesn't discuss any problems with IGMPv2/MLDv1 wrt to report
suppression and how to deal with that for example. Or the challenge that
hosts may not be happy about receiving IP multicast packets with unicast MAC
destination address. If an organization has the ability to specify behavior
f HNID's (as in 5.2), then it would be a lot better to specify those
refinemenet (eg: translate back to L2-multicast in downstream HNID's, L2 unicast
IGMp queries to inhibit report suppression o proxy into IGMPv3/MLDv2, etc. pp.)

What interaction does IETF have with that initiative ?
Does it make sense / is it possible to engage with these folks ?
Anybody hee workin over there ?

Seems they are planning to be gone anyhow, so just likley the will create from
existing
docs some half-baked solution ?

http://www.homegatewayinitiative.org/news/PressReleases/PR11_HGI_Conclusion_FINAL.pdf

Cheers
    Toerless

On Fri, Aug 07, 2015 at 09:16:27AM +0000, Hartog, F.T.H. (Frank) den wrote:
> HGI is requesting Home Gateways to perform Wi-Fi multicast-to-unicast
> conversion, see http://www.homegatewayinitiative.org/publis/P_HGI01628R19.pdf
> .
>
> Regards,
>
> Frank