Hi Fred,

a few comments:

"A host receives on-link prefixes in a Router Advertisement [...] to identify
preference order among them"
Is there really a preference order? Also I think off-link prefixes are
similarly usable for address assignment
or DHCPv6, they are simply not "on-link".

"apart from the fact that it is emitting Router Advertisements (RAs)." -
wasn't there also a router flag in ND at some point? anyway.

"One might expect that the routers may or may
   not receive each other's RAs and form an address in the other
   router's prefix."

Funny enough in theory 4862 says "The autoconfiguration process specified in
this document applies only
   to hosts and not routers."

"Since the host derives fundamental default routing information from
   the RA, this implies that, on any network with multiple prefixes,
   each prefix SHOULD be advertised by one of the attached routers, even
   if addresses are being assigned using DHCPv6."

Hmm, I don't really see the connection between prefixes and (default)
routing information here, since for non source-dest-capable hosts
the prefixes do not matter for routing. Or os this sort of a foreshadowing
of 6724 Rule 5.5?

"A host SHOULD select a "default gateway" for each prefix it uses to
   obtain one of its own addresses.  That router SHOULD be one of the
   routers advertising the prefix in its RA.  As a result of doing so,
   when a host emits a datagram using a source address in one of those
   prefixes and has no history directing it otherwise, it SHOULD send it
   to the indicated "default gateway"."

The question is to which one (if there are multiple): this might be important
for e.g. fail-over cases or if you want to dynamically optimize away that extra
hop you mention.

"The direct implication of Section 2 is that routing protocols used in
   multihomed networks SHOULD be capable of source-prefix based egress
   routing, and that multihomed networks SHOULD deploy them."

This confuses me a bit since Section 2 said "Because there is no routing
protocol among those routers" and now suddenly there seems to be one?

Cheers,

Steven