On Sun, 13 Dec 2015, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:

I'm probably missing something -- but where in the HNCP document does it
say that applied prefixes must be announced over the routing protocol?
I don't see it in Section 6.3.3.

I'd say the role of HNCP and the routing protocol and what does what, is not really specified anywhere.

Otoh, it's very natural for me that a routing protocol would do "redistribute connected" or at least do this for interfaces marked as "HNCP". From my testing before on the actual OpenWRT implementations as they are configured out of the box as I tested them, it seemed babel was doing "redistribute connected" for all interfaces, and the isis zebra implementation was only doing this for HNCP marked interfaces. What the right thing to do here should probably be a SHOULD somewhere, but I'm not sure the HNCP specification document is the right place to do it.

It would probably make sense to have a document that defines what the routing protocol does. We've had discussions here before where assumptions have differed between different participants in the group...

--
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swm...@swm.pp.se