>> - who merges data from multiple links?  (I'd wish that the hybrid
>> proxies compute a minimal spanning tree and perform peer-to-peer
>> magic, but I suspect you're generating a config file dynamically
>> and restarting dnsmasq whenever the set of hybrid proxies changes.)

> There is no need for merging, there are only few zones. They are all in
> DNS-SD browse/legacy browse path, and also in DNS search path. The
> configuration is actually static in my case. The benefit of merging is
> limited as there are only few subnets.

I'm probably just being slow, please bear with me.  There's one hybrid
proxy on each link, right?  Each of these only learns about the mDNS
announcements done on this particular link, right?  Dnsmasq must somehow
get the union of all of these data, right?

So is dnsmasq speaking to localhost:54 only, and localhost:54 somehow
learns all the data, or is dnsmasq speaking too foo:54 for all values of
foo?  If the latter (which I suspect), how does hnetd communicate the list
of foos to dnsmasq?

> ohp uses patched version of Appleā€™s mdnsd [...] for heavy lifting.

Ack.  I really need to read your code at some point.

-- Juliusz