Terry Manderson <terry.mander...@icann.org> wrote:
    Terry> There is no policy or technical barrier to proceeding with
    Terry> SOMETHING.arpa. Procedurally that, of course, would necessitate some
WG
    terry> discussion and consensus.

    Terry> c) seek a <SOMETHING>.arpa insecure special use delegation

    mcr> This might cause stub resolvers to have to have two cases
    mcr> (SOMETHING.arpa, and .homenet) eventually, but at least we could deploy
    mcr> and attempt interop with SOMETHING.arpa NOW, and it would more clearly
    mcr> permit "home." to be removed from code.

I believe that HOMENET should proceed immediately with asking the IAB for
<SOMETHING>.arpa.

I think that getting "home." removed from implementation is pretty important.

let's do this ask concurrently with deciding what <SOMETHING> is.

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-