On May 9, 2018, at 12:29 PM, Alvaro Retana <aretana.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My point here is that it is not clear
> to me that the WG explicitly reached consensus to change the declaration from
> the Chairs/AD.

If you read through section 2 of the document, you will not find a requirement
stating that Babel or that this Babel profile is MTI for homenets.  So the
document doesn't actually change the status of the consensus that you are
talking about.  It does make this Babel profile standard, not experimental.
That makes sense, because this profile is believed to be correct, and has
multiple interoperating implementations.  There is no reason for it to be
experimental, at least none I'm aware of, and none you've stated.

So while it is an interesting question to ask what the current consensus is on
the question you raised, that question is completely orthogonal to this draft's
status as standards track.

I would appreciate it if we could avoid reopening that rather contentious
discussion at this time.