STARK, BARBARA H <bs7...@att.com> wrote:
    > I'm hoping not to start divisive discussion, but think it's better to
    > discuss inside the WG rather than wait until IETF LC.

    > Might the authors consider whether a word other than "Master" could be
    > used in the terms Distribution Master, Reverse Distribution Master,

Yes, the authors discussed this at length, and we actually reached out to
quite a number of people for the terminology.  There were even emails on this
ML, I think.

1) DM is a term used in the DNS operational community.  It's not ubiquitous,
   but it is understood in many of the anycast DNS groups.

2) The term "stealth primary" is also used, but according to how it is used,
   that term would apply to the HNA, not the DM function.

3) We would be happy to go with another term, but we don't want to invent
   another term.  So, if the DNS anycast operator has another term, then
   I'd go with it.

    > Perhaps "Primary" could be used? Or something else?

Nope, because that's confusing in the DNS space.
It's not a primary.

]     m...@sandelman.ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [