Regarding RSOO, that’s fine if it doesn’t meet your needs. Just wanted to raise
it as it probably isn’t considered as often as it should be.

  *   Bernie

From: Daniel Migault <mglt.i...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 at 1:11 PM
To: Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>
Cc: Ted Lemon <mel...@fugue.com>, int-a...@ietf.org <int-a...@ietf.org>,
dh...@ietf.org <dh...@ietf.org>, dns-priv...@ietf.org <dns-priv...@ietf.org>,
Bernie Volz (volz) <v...@cisco.com>, homenet@ietf.org <homenet@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] WGLC started --
draft-ietf-homenet-naming-architecture-dhc-options-12
Hi,

Thank you all for the feedbacks. I will perform the editorial once we have
settled the terminology.
Regarding the use of a DHCP Relay, we could of course make a use case of it,
but I believe it would go beyond the simplicity of the targeted architecture
and I would rather not consider this as RSOO enabled.

Yours,
Daniel

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 3:10 PM Michael Richardson
<mcr+i...@sandelman.ca<mailto:mcr%2bi...@sandelman.ca>> wrote:

Ted Lemon <mel...@fugue.com<mailto:mel...@fugue.com>> wrote:
    > On May 5, 2021, at 11:44 AM, Michael Richardson
<mcr+i...@sandelman.ca<mailto:mcr%2bi...@sandelman.ca>>
    > wrote:
    >> The end user might suffer slightly by having locally served reverse
    >> names that are no longer connected: they should obsolete that zone
    >> when they realize that their PD hasn't been renewed, until such time,
    >> (if it was a flash renumber), they would be right to think that they
    >> legitimately control them.

    > In practice I don’t think this is an issue. The reverse lookup is
    > usually triggered by receipt of a message from an IP address, so as
    > long as the IP address is still in use internally, the presence of the
    > reverse zone is wanted. When the address changes, the old zone becomes
    > obsolete whether it continues to be served or not. The likelihood of
    > the zone being re-allocated to some other network for which the
    > original network will then do a reverse lookup is very small, so I
    > don’t think there’s any reason to be concerned about this.

I agree with you completely.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca<mailto:mcr%2bi...@sandelman.ca>>   .
o O ( IPv6 IøT consulting )