A few things I tell my students (not in any particular order):

1. Practice speaking the syllables a lot, even whispering when away from the horn.
Say DDG DDG DDG (pronounced "Dih-Dih-Gih") or TTK TTK TTK ("Tih-Tih-Kih").  Accent the
first syllable of each set.  People may think you're weird.  That's okay.
2. Don't try to use T-T-K right at the start, instead, work on D-D-G to get the rhythm
of the tongue down.  Once you can "say" the syllables quickly, sharpen (clarify) the
attack from DDG to TTK.
3. Practice playing simple (i.e. Breeze Easy level) exercises on the K (G) syllable
alone.  The object here is to sharpen the K attack so that it is nearly or just as
good as the T attack.
4. Decide on whether you will be a TTK TTK player or a TKT KTK player and stick with
it. It's hard to switch back and forth between the two methods.  TTK TTK is the most
popular method and the one that is more natural with regards to the triplet beat
pattern.  However, for some, TKT KTK is the only way to make a triple tongue work.  I
am a TKT KTK player and have a fast, accurate, clear triple tongue that is
indiscernible from the traditional TTK TTK method.
5. Most importantly, start slow and increase speed over time.
6. It's not hard, just different.  Don't try to learn it all in one hour.

In Music,
---Charles De Paolo

General Manager & Webmaster,
  Hickeys Music Center (http://www.hickeys.com)