Regarding my comments about valves, I did want to make it clear that I
was talking about response and playing feel/comfort.  As stated by
several responses, ideal compression is in the eye of the beholder.
Certainly too much compression is as disconcerting as too little
compression.

Jim's horn prototype is built on upon the Kruspe/Conn design.  However,
he has experiemented with tapers and other matters that give this horn
a more 'pure' or 'focused' sound.  Because of this, the horn is much
more efficient to play than a standard 'off the rack' instrument.  He
had a nickle-silver model and a brass model.  I believe the brass model
had a German bell flare (with garland).  Both were very good
instruments.  For those interested, I recommend contacting Jim at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sincerely,

Eldon Matlick

=====
Dr. Eldon Matlick,  Horn Professor, University of Oklahoma
Principal Hornist, OK City Philharmonic
500 W Boyd
Norman, OK  73019
(405) 325-4093 off. (405) 325-7574 fax