If there is a taper rotor rotating inside a taper casing & going lose, the back screw
tights the rotor more in to the casing, thus tighting the valve again. Very simple.
Like a taper glass prop in the bottle. Nothing different. As the surface is super
smooth & lubrificated (an emulsion of 0,004 mm ca), the tight taper rotor can rotate
freely.