[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I work at a music store and we sell tons more Conn 8D's and Holton 188's (8D
copy) than any other double horn
Sonja
Hello Sonja,

Does the store especially recommend the 8D or H188 in order to 'sell' them,
or do the purchasers walk in the door knowing they want a particular horn?

Do the purchasers know about the various other horn brands and models? Does
it seem they have attempted to do any research about what horns would be
best for their use?

What is the opinion of the store's sales staff about horns such as Conn 6D,
9D, 10D, 11D, H179, H190, etc. Does the store typically have double horns in
stock, or do they have to be ordered - what models are stocked?

I'm asking about this out of general curiousity regarding horn trends, and
buyer's methodology. Long-long ago when my parents bought me a new pro-model
trumpet they just trusted my private teacher and probably paid full retail
$$. Neither I nor my parents did any research about trumpets or alternate
ways to purchase them - we just didn't know any better....

Jay Kosta
Endwell NY USA