You could call her an opera singer, but she herself realized early in her
career that she wasn't going to set the world on fire  that way, so to our
great benefit she used her wonderful skills of communicating to audiences
in much more enjoyable ways (than having to sit through a whole opera).  It
was her second husband I believe, who played the horn for a community
musical organization, not actually professionally. FWIW, she wrote an
autobiography which is wonderful, honest, and charming. Well worth reading.
p.s. before people get the wrong idea, I am not completely anti-opera, but
you really need to see it live. I worked for a professional regional opera
company as a theater carpenter/tech/videographer/gopher for a time right
out of college.  "Boheme," for example is wonderful, but after seeing it
ten times in a week, it's not the most exciting way to spend three hours.

--- david jewell
--- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
--- EarthLink: The #1 provider of the Real Int