Hello Ryan,

What seems to be the problem with the Giard C8 mpc when you use it on the
Yamaha?

Regarding your college audition playing - I suspect that items such as your
intonation, articulation, rhythm, and dynamics are much more important than
the 'sound quality' or extremes of range. As long as the 'sound quality' is
recognizeably 'horn'.

If the C8 (or C10) works OK, then why not continue using it, at least for
several months while you get familiar with the Yamaha ?

A good source of mpc info is Moosewood - see
http://www.hornmouthpiece.com

With my Yamaha 668N, I use a Moosewood B12 and am very pleased with it.

Other good info is at John Ericson's site -
http://www.public.asu.edu/~jqerics/sug_hnmp.htm

Jay Kosta
Endwell NY USA