On 1/24/03 5:21 PM, "joseph fuller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I have been approached about soloing with the
> concert band at Henderson state university and i would
> appreciate any suggestions you have on pieces to
> perform.

How about The Glass Bead Game by James Beckel. You can find more info (as
well as download the band performance of this piece) at
http://www.depauw.edu/music/band/glassbead.htm

I think most university bands could handle the music, but I hope you're a
really good horn player. I ordered the sheet music a few weeks ago and
looked over it. WOW. Not something you throw together in a weekend, but it
is a really cool piece.

-Carl