I have asthma and yes, it can be tough on the lungs for me.  I find that I
will have trouble playing loud for an extended amount of time.  Also, on my
old school horn, there was a mold, or mildew, I can't really remember, that
was growing on the inside (gross, I know) that was actually making the asthma
worse for me.  I assume that you take a prevental asthma medicine as well.
All I can say is that, yes, the horn can make asthma worse, but I wouldn't
worry too much.  Even if you take the Albuterol right before you start, that
should get you through the entire time.  I know that I always bring it to
rehearsals, just in case.  I hope this helps.

Mike Scheimer, Pittsburgh