From: Olav Traa [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 4:55 AM
To: 'The Horn List'
Subject: RE: [Hornlist] making tapes

Hi David,

While you're waiting for the experts to field their answers, I can tell you
that I recently used a Sony mini disc recorder.  I was helping someone put
together an audition tape.  Sure, it's not like being in a studio (but how
many of us really NEED that) but it's pretty convenient and fits in your
pocket...  I was quite impressed with this little unit.  Not exactly what I
would call very inexpensive though.

I'm sure someone will mention that if it's a really important recording,
hire a recording engineer.

Good luck!

Olav in Montreal