One problem with the MD recorders they sell now is that they won't let you
transfer digitally. You have to do analog transfer, which is slow and loses
quality. Better than tape, though.

Radio Shack sells a half-way decent condenser stereo microphone for $30. It has
two microphones which attach to a lapel clip. You can tape the microphones to
the backs of a hard folder and stand it up in a V. You control the stereo
effect by the angle of the V. The down side of the condenser mic is that it
uses a battery. However, if you don't use their cord with the battery, but use
a plain extension, you can power the mic from the MD--its mic input has a
voltage to power the condenser microphone.

Herb Foster